Friday, September 15, 2006

I loved this article on the Scientology Volunteer Ministers in Fiji.

I've been fascinated with the South Pacific since I was a child.




My father had a recording of the Broadway show "South Pacific."

Then a few years later I saw the movie and cried for days at the sad ending (I can't even remember now what the ending was -- I think one of the heroes must have died).

A few years after than I saw Paul Gaugin's paintings of Tahiti and was mesmerized again.

And a bit later I read "Mutiny on the Bounty" and again was captivated by the tropical islands of the South Pacific once more.

Now there's a Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour traveling through the Pacific Islands and I expect I'll be following their progress whenever there is news.

I think it is just terrific that the VMs are going through the South Pacific.