Thursday, September 14, 2006

Heading into Fall


Summer is fading and Fall is upon us.

Not that you'd ever know in LA, Los Angeles being a nearly monotone climate year round.

I remember when I first came to LA.

I'd been living in upstate New York. Winter starts in mid-October and ends around the first week of May, and the summer, though fleeting, is so beautiful it makes it all worth it.

I came to LA in March.

I had the hardest time placing anything in time for years, because when I looked back at some event, I couldn't tell when it happened. I realized I had been classifying all my experience with a weather tag -- (Oh that happened in November - I can tell because the leaves were brown but still on the trees and the snow wasn't sticking yet.)

In LA I had to devise other ways to recall when something happened.